Sunday, January 8, 2012

10. Fun at the Park

With the new year upon us, Brad and I have made some resolutions.  Previously, Brad and I have been not doing Family Home Evenings (family time together learning and playing), partly because we asked, "What should we do for FHE with a baby?"  We are pretty clueless you know.  We made a resolution to just do it.  We picked Saturdays, because we wanted to have quality time to be together as a family, and not just preparing for bed. (Abby goes to sleep at 6:30 pm, and is usually a little cranky before bedtime.)
This is what we did:
We taught Abigail about Jesus Christ by showing her pictures of Him, and we gave her hugs and kisses, telling her that Jesus loves her and everyone.
Then we went to the park for family fun time.
 Abigail loved crawling through the tubes.


She started to enjoy crawling down slides, until she face planted.
She does love sliding down slides the right way though.

After a ton of laughs and glorious family fun, we returned, and I made a chocolate banana blended treat that I saw on pintrest.com.  I used 3 frozen bananas, 1 hot cocoa powder mixer, and about 1 cup of water all blended up.  Abigail really enjoyed her icy treat!
Abby drank hers all up.
This is her, "Yummy, I want more even if it is kind of cold" face.

Turns out FHE with a baby is not as scary as we thought.  And it is was a ton more fun than our couple's FHE's we did when we didn't have our little sweetheart.

If you have any ideas for FHE's we can do in the future, give us a comment.  We'd love to hear from you.

We know Abby has tons of opinions, but unfortunately we don't understand our little jabber mouth just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment